Last week we had a very successful stream up on Twitch. Due to some technical issues we were not able to export the recording into video format so we made a list of everything discussed to insure no one is stuck out of the loop. Discussion was broken into several broad topics, (Story, Design, Rules, Art, Organized Play, and General Updates) and we got to introduce a few of ourselves and share how excited we are about this project with you all.
– Our story line will run in parallel to FFG’s story line (if it should continue)
– We won’t be able to use any characters from FFG’s canon after we’ve left Rokugan
– We plan on having story prizes for tournaments and other ways to let the community shape the story (in reasonable ways)
– Each clan has a story lead and we also have an additional writer for Mantis and antagonist stories. The names of the people involved stay a secret until we release their first stories – You can find our two released stories “After the Storm” and “An Empress’s Legacy” here https://emeraldlegacy.org/story/
– Our first product is going to be named “Through the Mists” and will be roughly 50 cards (~6 cards per clan, padded out with neutrals)
– The set will feature some cards like Disarm and Ayubune Pilot that aim at providing neutral solutions that required certain splashes previously
– For clan themes, we want to focus on fleshing out a few Core set themes that haven’t gotten FFG’s attention – We are currently looking on how/if we want to rotate out existing cards but there is nothing set in stone yet when it comes to that
– We will continue working on the rules framework of the game, but will do so step by step
– The new attachment rule acts as a proof of concept that is supposed to show the community that we are not afraid of making some major changes to the game and that those changes result in a healthier game
– While errataing FFG’s cards is something we don’t want to do often (for legal reasons), we might potentially replace existing FFG cards with similar, toned down replacements
– We are currently relying on volunteer work to get things done, as we have no budget yet
– There will be ways for the community to support Emerald Legacy financially, to give us a bit of money to acquire artwork
– We are very happy with the turnout for the Emerald Legacy Launch event – The clan of the winner of that tournament will escort the imperial delegation to where ever our story is heading
– Also, there will be a neutral card in Through the Mists that will provide a little extra bonus when played by a player of the winner’s clan
– The Hall of Honor is now live at https://emeraldlegacy.org/hall-of-honor/
– We are still searching for volunteers to help us on the way, especially when it comes to art. You don’t need to be a professional artist to help out, any level of experience will do
– We are also still searching someone to fill the spot of Project Coordinator. If you are interested in working with this lovely bunch of people and have a hand for project management and coordination, please apply! https://emeraldlegacy.org/join/
Thank you for your positive feedback to our launch. We’ve been blown away by your responses and are grateful for each and everyone of you that is giving us a chance to keep this game alive!
P Douglas (Bayushi_Merchant)
When will “Through the Mists” be available for purchase and through what avenues?
Apologies for the late reply. Through the Mists will not be available for purchase, but it will become available as print & play very soon. Follow us on Social Media or via the announcements on the L5R discord server to get the latest updates. Of course you’ll find TtM on our website as well when it is released.